Twice-baked spudsBy TheStudentGuide
This simple dish may take a while but the actual prep time is very low so you can leave your tatties baking while you watch Hollyoaks or maybe even do some work...
You can use whatever cheese you like - cheddar is a classic, but a bit of goats cheese or blue cheese will go down a treat if you have it to hand.
- 1 large baking potato
- 50g grated or crumbled cheese
- Half a small red onion (or a couple of spring onions), finely diced
- 1 egg, beaten
- A little oil
- 1 tomato, sliced
- Salt and pepper
Pre-heat oven to 190 C/ gm 5
- Wash and prick the potato and microwave for 7-10 minutes or until soft.
- Rub with oil and a little salt and pop on a baking tray in the oven for 30 minutes, or until lightly browned.
- Remove from oven, cut the top off, and whilst holding in a clean tea towel, scoop out the inside in to a bowl.
- Fluff up with a fork, then mix in your cheese (set aside a spoonful to sprinkle on top), onion, egg and some salt and pepper.
- Spoon your mixture back into your potato skins and top with a slice of tomato and some cheese.
- Return to the oven for 15 minutes, until the cheese is bubbling and golden.
Enjoy with a splodge of ketchup and a healthy salad.