Students- Make the most of your Christmas work!By Sj.Cliff
Working over the Christmas period is a little bit of a drag. According to a recent survey by Cotton Traders, the 18 - 24s are the most likely to swap a glass of mulled wine in front of the telly for more time at the office.
78% of this age group are going to be putting in the hours over Christmas and New Year’s. While it may not be out of choice (with half of people surveyed not being able to take time off) only a fifth of you guys would call in sick to avoid work over Christmas.
Whether it’s to earn a bit more dough to pay for presents and your New Year’s celebrations (62%) or to make the most out of the holiday bonuses (33%), you guys are happy to work.
But working over the holiday period doesn’t have to be all doom and gloom! Here are a few tips to make your time working over the Christmas break a little more fun:
• Organise a secret Santa…it works for 37% of people already!
• Or a Christmas “Come dine with me”
• Decorate your office!
• Or yourself! You’ll have to check your works dress code, though.
• Bring in some holiday treats (44% of people say it’s the best part of coming in)
• Have a Christmas party (46% have one paid for by the company, but if you don’t join the 19% that pay for it themselves!)