Rocky roadBy Emma
Living on a shoestring budget doesn’t have to be all doom and gloom.
You and your mates are allowed the odd luxury too. Just don’t get stung by the outrageous prices in coffee shops when it comes to sweet treats. Instead find 10 minutes at the start of the week to throw together a batch of Rocky Road that you can share with your mates for days.
- Plain chocolate (300g)
- Butter (120g)
- Golden syrup (30g)
- Digestive biscuits (150g)
- Handful of sultanas
- Handful of desiccated coconut
- Handful of mini white marshmallows
- Crack the chocolate into pieces and stick in a heat-proof bowl with the butter and syrup.
- Melt this over a pan of simmering water until smooth and glossy.
- Crumble the biscuits into small pieces and stir into the dried fruit, coconut and marshmallows.
- Pour all of these into the melted chocolate mixture and stir to combine and coat.
- Line a rectangular cake tin with cling film.
- Transfer the rocky road to the lined tin and leave to set up in the fridge for a couple of hours.
- Tip out onto a board and cut into chunky squares.
Sorted Food is a team of old school mates who bring quick, simple and tasty recipes to the online generation, all heavily seasoned with banter. SORTED is for aspiring cooks with an appetite for good grub and is out to prove that cooking needn’t be a chore and should never be taken too seriously.