7 minute old school frisée, bacon and egg saladBy Emma
Meals in Minutes with Gizzi Erskine
Cooking time: 7 minutes
- 3 large British Lion eggs
- 200g fine green beans, trimmed
- 6 rashers smoked streaky bacon
- 100g frisée leaves
For the dressing:
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon sherry vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoon capers in vinegar, drained
- 2 anchovy fillets, finely chopped (optional)
- Bring a large pan of salted water to the boil. Pop in the eggs (Gizzi uses free range) and cook for six minutes. When there is four minutes to go, add the green beans. When the cooking time is up, drain everything together in a colander, then cool under cold water.
- While everything boils, heat the grill to high. Grill the bacon for about five to six minutes, turning halfway, until crisp and golden. Snip into bite-size pieces. Shake up all the dressing ingredients together with some seasoning in an old jam jar.
- Peel the eggs and cut in half. They should still be gooey in the centre. Toss the beans, bacon and frisée with most of the dressing. Scatter the eggs on top, drizzle the rest of the dressing over the eggs then tuck in.