3 minute smoked salmon and Boursin omeletteBy Emma
Meals in Minutes with Gizzi Erskine
Cooking time: 3 minutes
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 large British Lion eggs
- sea salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- 50g Boursin Garlic & Fine Herbs
- 70g smoked salmon, cut into 3 slices
- ½ teaspoon chives, snipped
- Melt the butter in a small frying pan, over a medium-high heat. In a small bowl, beat the eggs (Gizzi uses free range) with a dash of water and salt and pepper until well combined.
- Slowly pour the egg mixture into the heated pan, swirling the eggs around. With a spatula, gently draw the egg mixture away from sides into the centre, then allow the egg mixture to flow towards the sides again. Cook for 2 minutes or until the eggs are set on the base but still a little gooey right on the surface.
- Crumble the Boursin onto half of the omelette. With a spatula, gently fold the omelette, keeping the cheese inside. Cook for another 30 seconds or until the Boursin has melted. Remove from the pan and lay the smoked salmon on top of the omelette, then sprinkle with chives to serve.