2 minute Indian scrambled eggsBy Emma
Meals in Minutes with Gizzi Erskine
Cooking time: 2 minutes
- 2 tablespoons butter, ghee or vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1 green or red chilli, finely sliced
- 2 spring onions, finely sliced
- ½ red pepper, finely chopped
- 4 large British Lion eggs
- 1 tablespoon of milk
- 2 chapattis
- Heat the butter or oil in a pan then add in the cumin seeds. Cook for 20 seconds then add in the chilli, spring onions and peppers and cook for 30 seconds.
- Meanwhile, lightly whisk the eggs (Gizzi uses free range), milk and a pinch of salt together until all the ingredients are just combined and the mixture has one consistency. Pour in the egg mixture and let it sit, without stirring, for 20 seconds. Stir with a wooden spoon, lifting and folding it over from the bottom of the pan. Let it sit for another 10 seconds then stir and fold again.
- Repeat until the eggs are softly set and slightly runny in places, then remove from the heat and leave for a few seconds to finish cooking. Give a final stir and serve the velvety scramble without delay. Serve with toasted chapattis.