12 minute healthy and speedy egg, ham and chipsBy Sam
Meals in Minutes with Gizzi Erskine
Cooking time: 12 minutes
- 2 medium baking potatoes, cut into 1-inch cubes, parboiled
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 2 slices of good quality carved ham from a deli or deli counter (from the bone)
- 2 vine tomatoes, halved
- 2 large British Lion eggs
1. Preheat oven to 220°C. Tip the potatoes into a roasting tin. Drizzle over the oil and sprinkle over the paprika. Season and mix well to coat the potatoes. Roast for 12 minutes, turning halfway through, until tender.
2. Halfway through nestle the ham and the tomatoes, cut-side up, amongst the potatoes. Make two spaces in the tin and crack an egg (Gizzi uses free range) into each one. Return to the oven for 6-8 minutes until the eggs are just set.