Tips for A-List Date HairBy Sj.Cliff
When getting ready for your date, the last thing you want is to have a bad hair day. It’s every girl’s nightmare. Perfect dress, great make-up, gorgeous shoes and a date to die for then ‘BAM!’ it hits you… what happened to that beautifully coiffed hair?!
To help you to achieve beautifully styled, flowing hair for your date, we’ve teamed up with Celebrity Hair Stylist Daniel Johnson. He’s worked with everyone from Footballer Gareth Bale to The Royal Family of Dubaii so he’s definitely THE man in the know.
Here are Daniel’s top 10 pre-date hairstyling tips:
1) Clean healthy hair is a must on first date. If you want to impress your date, it must smell and look good.
2) Make a statement with your hair. A good hairstyle speaks volumes in itself. Men love women with a good hair do. It shows that they take a pride in their appearance and sends the impression that this relates to other areas of their lives too.
3) Getting a haircut that matches your face shape is VERY important. The last thing you need is a messed up hairdo on your date, hairs looking out of place etc. Everyone has a different head and hair shape so make sure that your stylist knows what (s)he's doing. It’s vital that you don't just get a haircut that everyone has, make sure that your stylist helps you to pick one that suits you personally, just saying!
4) Always use the right hair product. This is very important for the hairstyle so don't cut corners. Find one that suits your hair and style type.
5) To minimise hair damage, try to only wash your hair when needed. You should ALWAYS use a good shampoo and conditioner too. No half stepping!
6) Avoid brushing your hair while it is still wet. If you don’t it could break and you wouldn't want it to spoil your hairstyle would you?!
7) I recommend treating yourself to a good hair treatment a few days before the date. This is especially important for women as their hair tends to be longer than men’s so can be prone to braking, splitting and drying out. Keeping your hair nourished will protect it from the weather conditions, from blowdrying etc. and will keep it looking healthy, glossy and nourished.
8) One tip that you might not know is that a good diet is the ultimate tool for achieving that banging hair… Eat fruits, veg, nuts, oily fish (such as salmon), spinach, and let’s not forget, if you want to see big improvements to your hair, drink lots of water.
9) Check out your date’s grooming style too. Grooming for men is the way forward....If he’s rocking a stubble look, trimming the edges is very important. It shows he pays attention to, and takes a pride in, his appearance. If he takes care of himself, he probably takes care of other areas of his life too. Good catch!
10) Don’t forget to groom the hair on the rest of your body too. Shape your eyebrows if needed. No bushy business!