So, do you come here often?By Sj.Cliff
We were all hoping that the day of the chat-up line was far behind us. Unfortunately, a recent survey of the British public reveals that 4/10 of us are still fond of a little bit of cheese.
Even more staggering is that a chat-up line has worked on almost a third of us.
The poll, published right before Valentines, gives singletons a hint as to how to approach a beautiful stranger.
The top 10 lines vary from retro cliché to tech inspired puns. Take a look and tell us what you think:
1. Did it hurt when you fell from heaven?
2. Hello gorgeous
3. Can I buy you a drink?
4. Get your coat, you've pulled.
5. How you doin'?
6. What's app?
7. Haven't I seen you somewhere before?
8. How do you like your eggs for breakfast?
9. Do you come here often?
10. You must be tired...because you've been running through my mind all night
The survey was conducted by brewers (obviously) Greene King who found that chat-ups work better in face to face situations, whereas online they tend to fall a little flat.
So get your coat, we’re going to the pub!