How can students develop the skills top employers demand?By Newcastle University
In this day and age, a world-class university education is no longer enough. With a global job market that is more competitive than ever, leading companies and organisations expect graduates to not only be job-ready when they graduate, but to hit the ground running. So how can they achieve this?
Get ahead with Newcastle University London
To get ahead, gaining real-life work experience while studying is an absolute must. And if you are in close proximity to a range of national and international businesses, even better, as the contacts you will gain will prove invaluable in your future career.
With this in mind, Newcastle University has launched a campus in the heart of London’s finance district. With industry partners including Santander, Diageo and the Royal Bank of Scotland, the campus aims to connect Newcastle University’s triple-accredited business degrees with an industry-immersive education. Newcastle University London students put classroom theory into practice in the real world.
Our industry-immersive education consists of:
• Newcastle University’s award-winning Careers Service (2nd best among Russell Group universities and top 10 worldwide in International Student Barometer Autumn 2015)
• Gain a Global Advantage Day: An afternoon of inspiring talks, workshops and networking with prestigious global employers
• regular, free to attend public debates to keep our students well-informed, with previous events themed on the EU referendum and corruption in sports
• alumni events allowing our students to network with students that have graduated from the home campus
• practical real-life projects to allow students to put their business knowledge to the test, including a Spitalfields Market Challenge for our MSc International Business Management students
• internships, including a one-year paid work placement for undergraduate students and a three-month programme sponsored by Santander
• an Advisory Board comprising diverse senior professionals to offer strategic advice to the campus’ senior management team
Invaluable networking opportunities
As a result of the networking opportunities provided by Newcastle University London, Ania, current MSc International Business Management student, secured a job offer before graduating. She says:
“It’s really great that Newcastle University London enables us to showcase our strengths in front of the right people, and find a way into the hidden job market. One networking opportunity brought the unexpected prospect of working at Capita Learning Services. It’s a great experience and the project management role really adds to my overall learning experience, and helps to pay London bills!”
About Newcastle University
• a member of the Russell Group, representing 24 leading UK universities with a strong commitment to outstanding research and teaching
• a global top 1 per cent university (QS World University Rankings 2015-16)
• one of only 16 universities in the world and two in the UK to achieve five plus QS Stars
Find out more
Check out our Clearing website for the latest information on how to apply, tips on living in London and reports from our current students.
Why moving home after university isn’t such a bad thing
When finishing university every graduate is faced with the dilemma of whether they should continue…
Shop more with Survey Friends
All you have to do is answer a few surveys, earn survey points and then exchange your points…
10 pizza gif’s to help you celebrate #NationalPizzaDay
It's #NationalPizzaDay and we couldn’t be more excited. Pizza is definitely…
Subscribe to us
Subscribe now to receive latest news from us: