6 Things to do in the UK this summerBy Ella Downing
Summer has arrived and everyone's off on holiday or going to festivals. But maybe you can't afford to go to either, or the thought of flying or camping makes you shiver. Luckily the UK has plenty of great stuff on offer over the summer, here are 6 of the best.
1. Center Parcs. With several parks across the UK, Center Parks is the perfect holiday alternative. Access to the 'Subtropical Swimming Paradise' is included in the price and there are hundreds of other activities you can do. If you go outside of school holidays in a big group of mates you can save some serious cash!
2. The Eden Project. Visit the largest indoor rainforest in the world, in Cornwall! A perfect break from city life, plus you can visit the beautiful sandy beaches of Cornwall while you're there.
3. Natural History Museum London. Okay, we know what you're thinking, museums = yawn. But actually there are hundreds of fascinating museums across the UK. The Natural History museum in London is one of the biggest and best.
4. Giant Pandas at Edinburgh Zoo. Edinburgh Zoo is home to the only two Pandas in the UK, Tian Tian and Yang Guang plus an array of other animals. If Scotland is too far for you then Chester Zoo is a good alternative (no pandas though.)
5. Warner Bros. Studio Tour- The Making of Harry Potter. Step inside several different sets from the Harry Potter films, enjoy a butterbeer and ride your own broomstick! Just be careful...
6. Film4 Summer Screen at Somerset House. Every August Film4 showcases several films at an open air cinema at London's Somerset House. Grab a drink and some popcorn to create the perfect summers evening.
Get more great student content from The Student Guide app